Thank you to our Partners and Sponsors this year!
Summer Reading Program Kick-Off
June 1st @ 3:30PM – This year we will be kicking off our Summer Reading Program with Magic Mr. Nick’s Dinosaur Crew!
Story Time Programs
All story time programs will occur on Tuesdays at 10:00 AM unless otherwise indicated.
May 30th – Coon Creek Science Center Fossil Program
June 6th – Cub Scouts Pack 25 Storytime
Friday, June 9th @ 10:00AM – Solid Waste/Recycling Hub Mobile Classroom
June 13th – Children’s Program presented by UT Extension Office
June 13th @ 3:30PM – PBS Visit featuring Arthur!
Wednesday, June 14th @ 3:30PM – Henderson Performing Arts Program
June 20th – Touch-A-Truck Day
June 27th – Cub Scouts Pack 25 and Musical Storytime with Alice Hardin
Wednesday, July 5th @ 10:00AM – Dental Health Program presented by Chester County Health Dept.
July 11th – Chickasaw State Park Snakes & Pelts Program
July 18th – Storytime with Guided Drawing by Becky Hartle
July 25th – Cub Scouts Pack 25 Storytime
Thursday, June 8th @ 5:30PM – Book Club for Adults
Tuesday, June 13th All Day – Adult Passive Program presented by UT Extension Office
Wednesday, June 21st @ 10:30AM – Hidden In Plain Sight by TN Dept. of Health: Programming for parents/adults/teachers explaining how teens hide and access drugs, among other things.
Wednesday, June 28th All Day – Come and Go Self Affirmation Jars
Thursday, July 13th @ 5:30PM – Book Club for Adults
Saturday, July 22nd @ 10:00AM – Women’s Self Defense Class
Thursday, June 15th @ 5:00PM – Family Game Night
Saturday, June 17th @ 9:00AM – Field Trip to Pinson Mounds
Thursday, June 29th @ 5:30PM – Family Night with Blippi and Mercy the Therapy Dog
Saturday, June 10th @ 10:00AM – Teen Kickoff: Chopped Tournament
Thursday, June 22nd @ 3:30PM – Teen Jeopardy Tournament (Winner receives a prize!)
Saturday, July 15th @ 10:00AM – Teen Donuts & Art
Wednesday, July 19th All Day – Teen Wreck It Journal
Thursday, July 27th @ 3:30PM – Teen Advisory Board
**Teen programs are for teens aged 12-18**
All Ages Juvenile Programs
Saturday, June 3rd @ 10:30AM – Pokemon Card Trading Event
Tuesday, June 6th All Day – Arts for Hearts
Saturday, July 1st @ 10:30AM – Pokemon Card Trading Event
Wednesday, July 26th – Come and Go All Day Event: For participants of the Adult, Teen, or Juvenile SRP.
Point System and Prizes
Books/audiobooks will be logged on an online program called ReadSquared (instructions are below). Based on the program you are registered for and the amount of items you read/listen to, you will earn points. You can then use these points to “purchase” prizes from your programs prize store. On Awards Day in July, each participant’s prizes will be put together and made available along with a reading certificate for the summer.
To view the overall point system, please click the following link: SRP 2022 Point System.
Middle School Book Club
Children who have finished third grade through fifth grade may participate, but each child must sign up to attend.
Middle School Book Club meets every Thursday in June and July at 2:00 pm. Meetings are available in person or virtually. Books are being provided at no cost to attendees thanks to either a grant or Friends of the Library.
Click here to sign up!
Click MSB Description & Schedule 2023 to view this years schedule and line up of books!
For 2023, the Chester County Library will be hosting our 5th annual LEGO Creation Competition. The theme this year is All Together Now, so we encourage submissions showing teamwork of any kind or an original “art” piece. Any submissions must be original works. You get more points for not using a kit. Need ideas? The library has several great LEGO creation books available for checkout!
Entries are divided between entering preschool-1st grade, 2nd-5th grade, 6th-8th grade, and 9th-12th grade.
Submissions are due July 3, 2023.
Full contest information and entry sheet with submission tag can be viewed here: 2023 Lego Contest Info & Registration.
How to Log Books & Earn Prizes!
Start Date: May 15, 2023
End Date: July 15, 2023
Click Readsquared Instructions for picture instructions on how to register.
1. Go to the Readsquared URL. The library will have the Readsquared home page saved on our laptop, Ipad, and Catalog Computer if you choose to log books at the library.
2. You will need to sign up for the SRP. You can choose to register as a family (a primary user with multiple readers).
3. Click on the register button in top left hand portion of the screen.
4. Choose to register “myself only” or “myself & other readers” (last option is best for families with multiple participants)
5. Enter information for account holder (for family accounts, you will enter primary adult first) – Information includes your age and which program you want to sign up for (Adult, Teen, or Children/Juvenile).
6. Enter other registration information – first/last name, email address, create a username and password.
7. For family accounts, you will be prompted to add other readers and assign them to the appropriate program. Username and password are not required for additional readers under a family account. Last name and email address will carry over from primary user registration.