Welcome to the
Chester County Library
We’re located in Henderson, TN and we’re here to serve you and enrich your life with the joys of reading and being in community with one another. We have programs for children and adults. You can see a sample of what we offer below.
We always have new materials coming into the library. Check out the section below to see what’s new this month!
We offer a variety of technology trainings to help you gain a basic understanding of useful programs. See what trainings are coming up!
We have a wide selection of DVDs that you can check out. See what’s new this month or view our entire collection of DVDs.
Check out our upcoming events! There are groups you can join, special events, and meetings that you’re welcome to attend!
Frequently Asked Questions
Curious about a program we have or what our policies are? We have answered the most common questions we get below. If you don’t find the answer you’re looking for, please contact us.
How do I get a library card?
To obtain a free library card, you must fall into one of the below parameters and be aged five or older. Children under the age of 16 must have a parent’s signature to obtain a library card.
- Be a resident of Chester County
- Pay taxes in Chester County
- Work or go to school in Chester County
- Pay $5.00 to obtain a card if you’re an out-of-county resident
Be sure to bring the below items with you to obtain a library card.
- A photo ID (if the address listed is not correct, that is ok. This is why we ask for a piece of mail.)
- One piece of mail that shows your CURRENT address and YOUR name.
**Replacement library cards are $5.00**
**We can only accept cash or check as payment methods.**
Does the library have WiFi?
WiFi is available from our building at all times. Patrons may park in the parking lot and access our public WiFi. Alternatively, you can bring your own device into the library to connect to our public WiFi.
What if I don't find the book or DVD I'm looking for at the library?
Want a DVD, audiobook, or book that our library does not carry? Let us know! We participate in the Interlibrary Loan (ILL) program, which gives us the ability to borrow items from other libraries located in TN. All you need is an active library card.
What kinds of materials can I check out?
With your library card you may check out:
- 15 Books – Due back in 2 weeks
- 1 STEAM Kit or Learning Kit- Due back in 2 weeks
- 4 DVDs per household – Due back in 1 week
- 2 Audiobooks per card – Due back in 1 week
- 1 Cake pan per household – Due back in 1 week ($5.00 refundable deposit)
- 1 Hotspot per household – Due back in 1 week (how to use a hotspot from the library)
What is ILL (Interlibrary Loan)?
Interlibrary Loan is a program in which the Chester County Library is able to borrow items that we do not have in our collection from other libraries in the State of Tennessee. We have a courier service that delivers items to and from other libraries to us each Tuesday and Friday. It takes up to two weeks for us to receive items that we request and another library agrees to send. This is a free service to our library card holders!
Can I donate or purchase items for the library?
The Chester County Library greatly appreciates donations! We three great options available.
- You can make a monetary donation in memory or honor of an individual and the library will purchase items with your donation. A sticker will be placed in each item showing that it was donated in memory/honor and we have a binder in the library listing out our donations in honor/memory of individuals, who donated, and what was purchased.
- We have an Amazon wish list that we are regularly update with items the library would like to have. These items can be STEAM/learning kits, supplies, books, or DVDs. Items purchased on the wish list are sent directly to the library. Library Amazon Wishlist
- The library accepts donations. There are occassions where we do not accept donations due to lack of space. If you have more than 1-2 bags/boxes of donations, we do recommend that you call to be sure we are accepting donations at 731-989-4673.
How do I renew materials?
You can renew materials in three ways.
1. You can call the library at 731-989-4673 to renew materials. You may leave a message with your full name if we do not answer.
2. You can renew items through our online catalog with your library card. Check out our FAQ regarding our online catalog.
3. You may come into the library to renew items. You do not have to bring the items with you.
What are your overdue fine and renewal policies?
Overdue fines are:
Hotspots – $5.00 per day.
**We no longer charge fines for other library materials.**
*Hotspots may NOT be renewed. You must be 18 or older to check one out. Hotspots must be returned inside the library. Do not place them in the dropbox.*
You may call to renew all other library materials. Materials may be renewed three times.
How do I make copies, send a fax, or scan something?
Copies & Printing
- Color printing or copies: $0.25 a page
- Black & White printing or copies: $0.15 a page
- WiFi Printing is available from Apple or Android devices for $0.25 a page.
*Double-sided copies count as 2 pages*
Sending and receiving are priced the same.
$1.00 for the first page and $0.50 for each page after.
The printed confirmation page is $0.15.
Do you have computers I can use?
Computers can be checked out and used in the library. Children under the age of 17 must have a signed permission form by their parent/guardian in order to use computers. Please see the front desk staff for a computer ticket.
Can I check things out electronically or do I have to come to the library?
Do you have an online catalog?
Watch the short video below to see how to use the online catalog. You can access the online catalog by clicking this link.
Whare can I get a document notarized?
We do not have a notary public at the library at this time. You can visit these local business in town to have documents notarized.
- Chester County Clerk’s Office: 133 E Main St. Henderson, TN 38340
- Cash Express: 417 E Main St, Henderson, TN 38340
- Several of the local banks notarize documents as well.